Portland is known for its alluring landscapes, classic beer, and great tasting coffee; however, these things do not really define this biggest city of Oregon.
If you happen to visit Portland, you will discover that there are so much more that this city could offer to local and foreign nationals. To keep you guided, we present you with five worthwhile activities that you can try while you are in Portland.
1. Skying at Aerial Tram. If you are one of those people who are not afraid of heights, getting a ride in Portland Aerial Tram must be on top of your travel bucket list. This floating transportation system showcases the beauty of Portland’s South Waterfront District and the entire neighborhood of Marquam Hill.
2. Hop at the Washington Park. Finding inner peace and serenity is not impossible when you head to Portland’s Washington Park. You can find different beautiful attractions inside the Washington Park such as the Japanese Garden, Oregon Zoo, and Hoyt Arboretum.
3. Eat at the Food Hall. When your stomach craves for something to eat, just go to Pine Street Market. You can find a lot of food stalls inside the Pine Street Market such as Marukin Ramen, Bless Your Heart Burgers, and Wiz Bang Bar.
4. Visit the Powell’s City. If you love reading books, you can buy some of the most top-rated books (old and latest) at Powell’s City of Books. This bookstore has been doing business since 1971 and sold more than one million copies of old and brand new books.
5. Visit the Saturday Market. The Saturday Market is one of the biggest open field market events in McCall Waterfront Park, Portland that you must not miss. You can literally buy everything that you want, from soap, jewelry, glass, to exotic delicacies in Portland’s Saturday Market.